Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sweden!

Or, Another Real Conversation That Really Happened

MRS. CONTAINER: ... I'm just trying to get you to be human.

ME: ... As opposed to what?

MRS. C: A huge geek.

ME: Oh. I thought maybe I could be an awsome robot from the future.

MRS. C: No. You cannot be an awsome robot from the future.

ME: What about Sweden? Can I be an awsome robot from Sweden? Sweden is like the future.

MRS. C: Well... okay. You can be an awsome robot from Sweden.

ME: Hrm. Actually, now that I think about it... Information about Sweden takes time to get to us, right?

MRS. C: Right...

ME: So the Sweden we know is actually Sweden from the past.

MRS. C:
. . .

ME: And since it would take me time to go to Sweden, when I arrived I'd be in Sweden from the future.

MRS. C: Okay, time to go to work. Make sure you have your cell phone, pager, laptop, badge, wallet, and lunch.

ME: Lunch... from the future.

1 comment: