Friday, June 26, 2009

Speaking of Zombies...

Or, Good news, bad news

The thing is, I'm a curmudgeon. A contrarian. If not a crank, I am at the very least cranky. So, while I admire Michael Jackson's artistic talent, I'm not really what you'd call a "fan" of the King of Pop. And I've always been more than a little creeped out by his body modification issues and the whole... thing. With the kids. It's just creepy.

But that's not the point. The point is, the moment I heard the news of his death yesterday, I was already sick and tired of the wall-to-wall Michael Jackson love-fest. Good riddance, I thought, and moved on.

"Unless they play 'Thriller'", I'd say to Mrs. C. whenever the radio programs would start in on yet another Michael Jackson story, "I'm not interested."

The Good News
Finally, after almost a day of hearing all about Michael Jackson, and hearing just about every one of his songs except 'Thriller', I finally heard it today, while I was out getting some lunch. Yay Vincent Price!

The Bad News
Now I have the song stuck in my head.

Bonus: My favorite conservative makes all the points I'd like to make, only better.

No comments:

Post a Comment