Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm Suspicious

So yestreday on the drive home, I hear an ad for some kind of sales lead service.

Quicker than you can say, "Glengarry, Glenross", I'm spinning my little brain-gears, trying to figure out exactly what kind of shenanigans these people are up to.

In summary, their pitch is, if you're in sales, call their toll-free number, and they'll give you a hundred high-quality leads for free. You'll be so impressed by the quality of these leads, that you'll happily pay them for more of the same.

I'm suspicious.

The way I figure, here's what they're doing:

1. A sucker calls them.

2. They take down the sucker's contact info and business description, and add it to their database.

3. They look through their database of suckers who had called in previously, and give the hundred best matches to the sucker who just called in.

4. Lather, rinse, repeat, until the wheels come off.

Anyway, I'm so glad I'm not in sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment